There are so many “About Me page” clichés that it’s tough deciding which to use. An old photo of me as a kid with my first camera? Nah. A half-smiling self portrait? That’s more my style. And of course, if there’s one cliché that everybody loves, it’s a list, so here is my contribution to the genre:
Things About Me
• After nearly 18 years in NYC, I recently moved to Washington, DC.
• (Well, technically Maryland, but practically across the street from DC).
• I was Ralph Lauren’s staff photographer for seven years.
• I produced a documentary web series called INVENTORS for PBS
• I’ve been featured in Wired, Time, The Atlantic, Fast Company, etc.
• I’ve written for Slate, been a guest on public radio and podcasts, and a speaker at SXSW.
• I write a blog about my work called Likely Stories.
• I have another, more offbeat blog called Ironic Sans that was kind of popular back in the day. I still write there occasionally.
• I’m particularly interested in stories of science, technology, and human nature.
Interviews With Me
I’m flattered when anyone wants to hear what I have to say. Here are some places I’ve been interviewed:
• dpreview.com (article, July 6, 2014)
• WIRED (article, June 20, 2014)
• Unprofessional (podcast, October 8, 2013)
• WNPR’s Colin McEnroe Show (radio, June 12, 2012)
• WIRED (article, April 18, 2012)
• The Wallbreakers (video, April 5, 2012)
• Luke’s Creative Podcast (podcast, May 19, 2011)